THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
- Whenever possible, our staff works from home offices in order to reduce fuel demand and pollution.
- To reduce environmental impacts, staff has reduced their intake of meat and dairy and some are vegetarian.
- Some of our staff has invested in zero emission, hybrid vehicles and walk to the office, weather permitting.
- For long distance business trips, carpooling or public transportation is utilized as much as possible.
- Meetings are often conducted using video conferencing with Zoom or via conference call to cut down on driving.
- Some staff utilize a third-party electrical supplier to support renewable energy production.
- At our home offices we compost, recycle, are mindful of thermostats, water usage and electricity draw.
- Documents are electronically shared and stored unless a printed copy on recycled paper is needed.
- Instead of mailed DVDs we use digitally transferred files, eliminating plastic discs and packaging waste from mailings.
- We participate in and promote trash collection events, recycling drives and clothing swaps.
AT THE FESTIVAL & YEAR-ROUND SCREENINGS
- Whenever possible, we invite speakers and guests from our region in order to minimize travel impacts.
- Ticketing is now done online or at the door so that very little printing is required.
- To reduce demand for printed programs all festival information is now on our website and in mobile format.
- Returned and extra printed programs are recycled after the festival.
- Swag bags for VIP guests are now made from reusable canvas or paper.
- Swag bags are filled with locally-sourced food and beverages and stainless-steel cups instead of promotional items.
- ACFF’s physical awards are beautiful, hand-crafted water bottles made in WV so they’re decorative and functional.
- We offer food and beverages with reusable or compostable cutlery and dishes and without straws.
- ACFF offers plant-based options at every event where food is served.
- In 2020, ACFF will pay to offset all air travel utilized for guests attending the festival at our request.
We’re always striving to do better so all suggestions for improvement are welcome!